Jobs at Darkroom
We are looking for people to join us in making a dent in the mobile photography world and build higher quality creative tools that expands the range of photographic creativity.
We work remotely across the US (Los Angeles) and Europe (Amsterdam), and welcome anyone from around the world. We prefer candidates that are in time zones between US Pacific Time and Central European Time.
Interested? Come join a hands-on environment that fosters product excellence, creativity, and innovation. Email us and tell us a bit about yourself, your expectations, why you’re interested in working with us, and include your résumé.
iOS Product Engineer
We are still a small company. So you'll have a massive impact on the product no matter what. This means there will be the opportunity to wear multiple hats and there will always be something new and interesting to work on!
What will you do?
- You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary product team that is founded on strong people, design, and mobile product development.
- In this role, you will be one of the contributors and hands-on engineer on a team exploring new mobile photography features and technology, developing user experiences and software solutions.
- You will be an active participant in all product and related business conversations.
- You will likely take ownership of one of our key platforms: iPhone, iPad, and we just added Mac!!
Who are we looking for?
- Full time, 40 hour work week.
- Self-motivated and able to work on your own since we're remote.
- Proactive and always looking for ways to make our product, process, and culture better.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Effective at communicating both in real-time and asynchronously.
- Previous experience working remotely helps, but isn’t required.
- An eye for design detail and experience with building Apple Design Award worthy interfaces
Skills & Requirements
- Working, reading, and writing proficiency in English.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent industry experience).
- Has 3 years experience of building iOS apps, knows the capabilities of the platform inside-out.
- Ability to write clear and high-performance code in Swift, Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Strong familiarity with iOS SDK; Prior experience developing iOS apps across the stack.
- Familiarity with CoreImage, Metal (or OpenGL), perhaps even Core ML.
- Has coded in the last few years and are comfortable showing it during the interview, maybe on GitHub?
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
Even though we are a small startup, we try and do everything to make sure you feel motivated, and supported. Our aim is to hire diverse, skilled, passionate people and foster a culture that empowers great work. We love to create an amazing product in a fulfilling and positive way. Want to participate?
- Bi-annual profit sharing bonuses.
- Reasonable, life-compatible hours.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- An open, honest, and learning oriented work style.
- The latest gear, as needed.
- Occasional trip to our colleagues on the other side of the world, when it becomes possible again.
- Working on an app a lot of people rely on and love, and you can make them love it even more!
We are always on the lookout for talented and passionate people. We offer full-time positions and internships in both design and development areas. You are welcome to use this application even if these areas do not match your profile. Please motivate what you are looking for and be as specific as possible. If you are interested in a trainee ship or thesis project, then let us know in your cover letter.
Who are we looking for?
- You are smart as a whip
- You are amazing at what you do
- You are an independent and pro- active worker, you don't need to be told what to do
- You are passionate to excel on a product, in a people-first team
- You are persuasive, and will convince us to meet with you!
Inclusion & Diversity
We are missing the voices of more diverse people who could make our app even better, just like much of our industry. We want to grow our team to include people whose diverse backgrounds and experiences will inspire and guide our products in new ways. We highly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply for our open positions. We value an environment that empowers individuality, empathy, and innovation, and we’re looking forward to what you’ll bring to the table.